Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Her Love for Ice Cream

Today's gift is her love for ice cream.

Almost every child loves ice cream...right?!?  All three of mine do, as well as, my husband and myself!

I vividly remember the first time my daughter held her own ice cream cone.  I was pregnant with our second child and she was 2 1/2.   I snapped lots of pictures of her enjoying her ice cream.  I didn't care that she was getting messy.  I just loved how she was enjoying the moment.  Little did I know, something so little, would be taken away from her years later.

enjoying her first cone, 2004


getting a little messy with her first cone, 2004

Today at 11 1/2 she can not hold her own ice cream cone, but she still loves ice cream.  She can help you with her spoon to feed herself, but with a cone she needs assistance.

Also as she became older, milk products later in the day and evening started to give her problems.  After many trials, we realized for some reason she has a sensitivity to milk and cheese any time after 2:00 p.m.  If she is going to enjoy a pizza or ice cream we give her some stomach medicine and she is fine.

My son is also starting to develop some stomach related issues so I am constantly trying to find new foods for both of them to enjoy.  And I found it!

Ice cream made with coconut milk!  It comes in so many flavors...flavors they love - mint chocolate chip, cookie dough, cookies-n-creme....you name it!  And it is delicious!

The look on my daughter's eyes when I carried over a small bowl of ice cream for her dessert...at night...was priceless!  She was so excited to be getting something she loves so much....and at a time she rarely has it!

As soon as the last spoonful was gone she was asking for "more"!  I wish I could have given her more, but I also don't want to upset her stomach.  I think she went to bed extra happy tonight knowing she has a special treat in the house she can enjoy....any time of day!

Here is a quote for today....

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  Coincidence? I think not!- Unknown Author


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment