Image Map

Sunday, April 21, 2013

PT at Home

Today's gift is PT at Home.

When I first typed the title of this, I started laughing as I immediately started thinking in my head ET go home!  Seriously, did anyone else think this?!?!?!  Anyway....

As I have mentioned in some previous posts my husband and I are going to start doing home stretches with our daughter over the weekend.  Well today was day one.

Day one, because we tried yesterday and she was resisting and we didn't want to make her upset.  I do not want her home stretches to be a negative experience for her either so we stopped.  I did massage her back yesterday (after all who doesn't like a back massage!!!), but she would not let us stretch her hips.

Today was a different day.

She was such a good "patient" for us.  It is definitely a two person operation and I knew it was going to be hard holding her on the exercise ball as I have seen her therapists in action....but I didn't know it was going to be a workout for me too!  WOW!  We were both having a PT session...her's was more therapy (physical), while mine was more training (personal).

I was so proud of her for trusting us to help her.  We made it fun for her so she would not mind letting us work with her at home.  My husband would hold his breath and fill his cheeks with air and when she would reach over and touch his face, he would make a different noise!   She was laughing so hard.  She was stretching so well.  She had no idea she was working as hard as she was because she was having such a great time!

I know not all our home stretching sessions will be this "easy" and "cooperative", but I hope she will remember how fun it was and know it will be over before she realizes it....especially if she is having fun and laughing!

Here is a quote for today...

Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher- Oprah



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment