Image Map

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sleep

Today's gift is sleep.

If you have been following my blog you know in the past my daughter has battled sleep issues...not wanting to go to bed, getting up in the middle of the night and waking up early in the morning.

We have been in a good sleep pattern with her for a long time (knock on wood).  It is so refreshing for everyone to have a good night's sleep.  If she sleeps....we sleep.

However, in the past two weeks her "going to sleep" has been fantastic!  She is asleep as soon as she crawls into bed most nights.  Until you have dealt with a child who has had sleeping issues for years which included spending countless nights driving them around town to get them to fall asleep to spending hours in their room in hopes they will fall asleep soon....you don't know how incredible this is!

I think back on where we started with her sleep issues and just shake my head.  It was miserable.  It was exhausting.  It was hard on us as a family.  It was a part of our life I am glad that is over.

Having had experienced the bottom of the barrel when it comes to sleep issues, it makes us appreciate the incredible sleep patterns she has today.  Just as much as she needs a good night's sleep, we do too.

I love watching her fall asleep as her body relaxes and she drifts off into dreamland.  I would love to know what she is thinking as she falls asleep and what is dreams about.  I love how she doesn't have to fight her body anymore to fall asleep and she can just drift peacefully.  I love how she can truly get a solid night's sleep and doesn't have her body waking her up in the middle of the night.  I love how she can be refreshed in the morning....just like she should be!

A good night's sleep is the key to a good day.  Since her sleep patterns have been incredible her behaviors have decreased....significantly....amazing how that works!  School days are fantastic too!

Let me just end this post by knocking on wood, one more time and hope I didn't just jinx us by writing about awesome her sleeping is these days!

Here is a quote for today...

Sleeping is nice.  You forget about everything for a little while- Author Unknown


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment