Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Little Things #9

Today's gift is the little things...#9.

My daughter was in a mood when I picked her up from school today.  It was a mood where I didn't know which way it was going to swing....get better or get worse.

I was hoping and praying it was going to get better as I never like to see her upset, but today in particular I need her to be in a good mood because she had her second chiropractor appointment.  After last week I was really excited and I didn't want to miss today.

I let her have "her space" when we got home and hoped she would come out of it...on her own.  She had some down time on the sofa and then walked into the kitchen still with her "look" and walked back over to the sofa.  I asked her if she wanted her snack and she said yes, with a smile.   I was hoping we were on our way to being in a better mood......and we were.

I don't know what it was because even after her snack she still wasn't 100% so I can't say she was hungry.  I kept trying to make her laugh to keep her spirits up so we could make the appointment.  I even called them to give them a heads up in case we didn't make it.

When I told her it was time to go and where we were going, she jumped right up and was eager to leave!  I think that is a sign she enjoys going...what do you think?!?!?!?

As soon as we walked into the office, they called us back and she was grinning from ear to ear as soon as she saw her doctor.  It was like she had been in the happiest mood all day!

I was so proud of her for pulling through and working through her "funky" mood.  I still don't know what caused it...maybe she was just tired.  However, ever since we stepped foot into the chiropractor's office today she has been all smiles.  I think this is a very good sign that she not only enjoys going, but it must make her feel better.  In hindsight, maybe I should have told her right when I picked her up where we were going....maybe then she would not have been in her "funky" mood.

Since she is of few words, I have to rely on her body language all the time.  If you know her well, you will be able to read a lot from her actions.  You know what they say...actions speak louder than words....

....and her ear to ear grin as soon as she saw her doctor explains it all!

Here is a quote for today....

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple- Dr. Seuss



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment