Image Map

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life is Good

Today's gift is life is good.

There is a quote which I love...life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful. Today this quote was perfect for our day.

We have been having one of the best family spring breaks...ever. We started our morning on the beach overlooking the beautiful blue, green water, we enjoyed the afternoon by the beach front pool, ate dinner by the pool, and ended the evening sitting on the back porch overlooking the water watching the sun go down. I don't think the day could have been any better.

Even though my daughter has Rett Syndrome we always try to revolve our family vacations around her- and what is going to make her comfortable. As long as there is a pool...she is ecstatic! So all family vacations need to involve the sun...which is fine by me as I am more of warm weather person too. She does not care for the cold weather...at all. After the winter (and start to our spring!) we have had we couldn't get to warmer weather fast enough!

So while our life isn't perfect, our life is very good. Instead of focusing on the negatives, we focus on the positives. Instead of worrying, we pray to God. We enjoy every little moment.

As I watched the sun set tonight, I was so happy to experience this with my whole family. Something which happens every single day, yet something we always take for granted. Many times I have been outside when the sun sets, but I can't remember the last time I actually sat and watched it set. Having my daughter by my side to experience this with made it even more special. Something so simple, yet so memorable.



Here are two quotes for today...

I'm beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all- Author Unknown

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated- Confucious

No comments:

Post a Comment