Image Map

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Daddy Day

Today's gift is a daddy day.

As you all know...it is Mother's Day weekend.  I like to find something fun to do with the kids on Mother's Day.  And it is sometimes hard to try and do you want to do while also thinking of what your kids would like to do and all the other "mother's" in your family.

Today I surprised my mom and drove up to see her with my son.  Remember I mentioned last weekend we were alternating weekends with who spends time with daddy....well, this weekend was a "girls" weekend with daddy.  My mom had no idea we were coming up, but my dad was in on the surprise.

Everyone loves spending time with daddy.  And I couldn't be happier!  I am so lucky to have a husband who is caring, understanding, hands on and everything in between.   We are a good team and we both know when we each could use a little break from the kids to recharge our batteries.

Today came at a perfect time.

I am not going to lie...I needed a little space and needed a little time to myself.  It has been busy week and the Rett Monster is doing some things to my daughter I don't like.   I needed some time to clear my head and I needed some time to relax and enjoy the moment.

I also needed a little mommy time...my time with my mother.

I am very lucky that I see her weekly, but many of those days are shared with all my kids too.  And if you think I worry about my daughter with Rett Syndrome...you haven't seen anything.  My mom worries more than I do!  Which is good...to an extent.

I need a place I can go and not have to talk Rett....where I can escape the world of Rett for a little bit.  Of course it is always on my mind...but I don't have to talk about 24/7.  And sometime you just want your mom.  But sometimes it is hard to go to your mom to escape, when you know she is going to talk Rett...and you know she is going to talk about something she is worrying about.

It truly is a hard place to be.

However, today my visit with my mom was great.  I don't know if she knew I needed her time and attention on me.  I don't know if she didn't want to talk Rett either.  I don't know.....

But what I do know is it was nice.  It was a breath of fresh air.  It was what I needed.

And while I was having my "mommy" time, I knew my daughter was having the time of her life too....after all she is Daddy's Girl!

Here is a quote for today....

When you are a mother you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always thinks twice, once for herself and once for her child- Sophia Loren


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment