Image Map

Monday, May 6, 2013

Her Love for People Who Help Her

Today's gift is her love for people who help her.

90% of how my daughter communicates many things is through her body language.  The more you know her, the more you can find out what her body language means.

One thing she never forgets is a face...whether it was a positive experience or a negative one, she will never forget a face.  This is extremely helpful when we are trying to figure out who is the best match to work with our daughter whether a babysitter or a therapist.  Her body language and facial expressions tell the story.

There have been many times when she has gotten the "look" in her eye when around someone she doesn't like or didn't like it when they were a part of her life.  Times like these let us know she is unhappy and must move on and that apparently the person working with her is not the right fit.

Thankfully, I can count on one hand the number of people who fall into this category!  But to this day if we see them, she will get "the look" on her face.  She means business!

I am beyond thrilled to say we have more people who leave her laughing and grinning from ear to ear!  Just like today, she went to the chiropractor for the third time.  From the girls at the front desk to the doctor, she is all smiles...big smiles...and I know she approves of them.  I know she feels comfortable in this environment.  I know I can trust her body language!

I am so happy she has her signs to tell me she approves or doesn't approve of someone working with her.  I have to trust her in that she will tell me and I have to be ready to watch for any signs she may give me to let me know something isn't right.

My daughter is extremely blessed to have so many people who truly care for her and want what is the best for her.  I couldn't be happier with her team of teachers, therapists, and doctors and I know I can trust my daughter to tell me otherwise.

Here is a quote for today....

Character is how your treat those who can do nothing for you- Author Unknown


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment