Image Map

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Her Simple Acts

Today's gift are her simple acts.

My daughter does so many simple acts which can turn my day around in a heartbeat.  She does them unconsciously and she does them with love.  Most often she does them at the exact moment when I need that "pick me up"...like she knew I needed a little love at that given moment.

Her simple acts could be....

  • her saying my name in her loving voice
  • her beautiful smile 
  • her contagious giggle
  • the touch of her hand wanting to hold mine or my arm
  • her just looking at me with her beautiful green eyes
They all just melt my heart and make me so happy.  

This evening when I was putting her to bed, I asked her to pick which book she wanted out of a choice of three...two were in the Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa series (adorable books if you haven't heard of them!!!) and the other was an Amelia Bedelia book.  She picked the Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa book titled Partners.  I asked her if she and I were partners....buddies like Kate and Cocoa....and she just got the biggest smile on her face.  I said I think we make a pretty good team....to which she just kept on smiling.  

I only got half way through the book and she was already off in dreamland.  I just laid next to her and watched her sleep.  I love watching her when she is so peaceful...with no cares in the world.  No hand-wringing, no anxiety, no pain...nothing but sweet dreams.  Just watching her sleep is a simple act which can turn my day around too!  

Just like she can turn my day around, I hope she has the same effect on others.  And I hope others realize how a simple act can turn her day around too!  

When I was looking for quotes today...I found this one...and I don't think I could have found a better one for this post.....

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around- Leo Buscaglia





© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment