Image Map

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Strawberry Picking

Today's gift is strawberry picking.

We had a very fun day as we were celebrating Granny's birthday!

We took Granny strawberry picking and she had both of her children with her and all but one grandchild.

Remember in the fall we found a new place to pick apples.  Well, we went back to the same place to pick strawberries.  And it was just as perfect.

Interestingly enough, my daughter didn't want to "pick" any strawberries, but only walk the fields and watch.  And I have to say I think she was smart.  After about 5 minutes my hands and wrists were itchy.  If I stopped picking strawberries the itching would stop.  Clearly it was something about the plant.

She had the best time watching us and telling us where to look for strawberries.  However, I think her favorite part was the homemade strawberry ice cream we had at the end!!!  It was incredible!!!!

We truly had a really nice day with our family.  It was great to see the kids with their cousin.  While there is an age difference...she is a sophomore in high school....it didn't stop their bond.  They really liked spending time together.

When the kids had dinner tonight, my daughter was really fond of the strawberries we picked today.  She enjoyed them and kept asking for more.  She loves fruit!  All fruit!!!  I think it was a great experience for her today.  I think she loved being part of the process of picking out the actual fruit we brought into the house.

I'm glad she likes them so much too....because we will be eating strawberries for a while!

Here is a quote for today....

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, and to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience- Eleanor Roosevelet















© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment