Image Map

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

An Honor at School

Today's gift is an honor at school.

I never thought that on the same day we have an IEP meeting I would be writing how my daughter's gift today is an honor at school.

I truly believe there is a reason this "honor" came home today...this gift.

Yes, we had an IEP meeting....a three hour IEP meeting.  Yes, they are not fun.  Mostly just long, long, long, but something we must do...every year.

All and all our meeting was very successful.  As I have said in the past we have an amazing team working on behalf of my daughter.  They believe in her and that is all we can ask.  We did have a minor bump, but we figured it out...and moved on.

Coming out of IEP meetings I am drained...physically and emotionally.  It takes a lot out of me, especially when you get heated about something you are passionate about...like my daughter.  When I come home I just want to decompress a little...but everyone (grandparents) want to know what happened...so you relive it again and get all worked up...a little bit.  Today, I will say I was able to decompress and have lunch before round two.

And it was during this time, that my mom told me about my daughter's honor she got at school today (she picked her up as I was still in the meeting).  Next year she will be in 5th grade and 5th graders can have "jobs" at school throughout the day.  My daughter applied for a couple and had to submit an application...just like everyone else.  Well, today...she was honored with TWO jobs!!!!


For the 2013-2014 school year, she will be a safety patrol in the morning AND as part of the school helper program she will help in the bookstore!  I could not be happier for her!  And she is so proud of herself!!!!

This gift is exactly what I needed today!  She works so hard and deserves chances just like everyone else...and her school GETS it!!!  This gift today helped me realize how incredibly lucky we are to have her in a school where inclusion is understood and accepted and wanted!  We couldn't be happier having our children be part of this school community.  Even through all the politics we have to deal with, at the end of the day we are extremely blessed.

Here is a quote for today....

Your life is your message to the world.  Make sure it is inspiring- Author Unknown





© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

1 comment: