Image Map

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Opinion

Today's gift is opinion.

We all have opinions.  We may not all agree on things and that is ok...this is what makes us all unique.  Imagine what a boring world this would be if we all agreed on everything.

I try and ask my daughter her opinion on things...whether it is a food choice, drink choice, movie choice, etc...as I know she has likes and dislikes.  I want her to be able to tell me as much as she can...so we give her choices.  Sometimes I wonder if her choices...as in the number I give her...are enough.  Or the right ones.  I hope so.

This afternoon we were sitting on the sofa together looking at an US magazine...catching up on Hollywood Drama.  I decided to ask her questions all through the magazine as I wanted to see what she thought...I wanted to see her tastes...I wanted her opinion.

One of the first pages we opened had the topic, Slammin' Salmon on the Red Carpet with six ladies wearing the same color, but different style dress.  I asked her which dress she liked the best.  She studied each one and after a minute or two she pointed to one.  And I have to say she has great taste!  She picked Camila McConaughey who was wearing Escada...and the dress is simple, but elegant.  It was my second favorite.

We did this throughout the magazine and had so much fun.  It was neat to see her tastes and likes.  I feel like I know a little bit more about her tonight.  Something so simple, yet so informative.

I can't wait till the next magazine to find out more!  This time our magazine will be different too!

Here is today's quote...

Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your inner voice- Steve Jobs



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment