Image Map

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Inspiring Others

Today's gift is inspiring others.

Whew...what a day!   Today my daughter's team (her amazing "Anne Sullivan", her two school speech therapists and two AT therapists from the school system and I) all attended a six hour training on a new system to help her communicate with us.

It is called Pragmatic Organization Dynamic Display (PODD).  It is very popular in the Rett community and I see why!

We were very lucky to have a speech therapist from NY come to our home to train us on this new method!  We are extremely blessed to have an amazing team give up their weekend with their families to help someone in mine!

My daughter truly is inspiring...not only to me, but to all who know her and work with her.  I could tell today by the filled room how much they truly want to help her the best they can.  The energy in the room was amazing!!!

It isn't going to be easy.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  But we all know this.  Just like everything else patience and repetition is key.

However, being the amazing child she is, we all know she will take off with this new way of communicating and we can't wait to hear what she has to say!!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow's session....all of us with my daughter.  All of us learning how to use it with her.  Including her siblings!  

Instead of a quote...I would like to ask you a question...we were asked this today too....and it really hit home.

Right now, I want you to think of two things you would rather be doing than reading this blog post.  Don't say them out loud....just keep them to yourself....













Now...here are your choices of what you can do.....







Is what you were thinking one of these pictures?  No...

The choices we think my daughter wants to do is probably not what she wants either.  I can't wait to unlock her voice!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment