Image Map

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

iPodding with Friends

Today's gift is iPodding with friends.

Every day I get "Notes and News" home from my daughter's school.  I love reading about her day...it is always a highlight of my day.

This afternoon I was so excited when I read what it said!!!!!  Here was the note...."she had speech today with T using her PODD and the children used her PODD today to say various things to her!  AC sat with head phones on while watching a video after she requested an item using her PODD"!!!

Wow...just wow!!!

I don't even know what to say.  So much excitement in one note...and that was only part of her day.  I love how she wants to use her iPODD and sees how when she requests something, she is given it.  This helps her to realize...we understand...we hear her.

I love it even more that her friends want to communicate with her using her iPODD!  This is a huge bonus to my daughter...she sees them use it and thinks...wow....they can communicate to me using my communication book....which only makes her want to use it more too!  I would love to know what they talked about.  I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.

Just like the speech therapist from NYC said...it will take baby steps for my daughter to start communicate with her iPODD, but once she "gets" it she will take off.  She is taking baby steps indeed, but I have to say she is further along in 10 days than I thought she would be.

Wow, I can't even believe it has only been TEN DAYS since we introduced PODD to her and she is doing so well.  I can't wait to see where we will be in TEN WEEKS!!!

I am one happy mom tonight and couldn't be more proud of my daughter and her friends. The iPODD took on a new meaning to them today.  I hope they understand the importance of this iPODD....while it doesn't play music and you can't watch movies on it....it opens up a way for their friend to communicate to them with her voice.

Here is a quote for today....

I thank you for your part in my journey- Author Unknown


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment