Image Map

Friday, May 31, 2013

Her Artwork

Today's gift is her artwork.

I know I have mentioned my daughter has an amazing "Anne Sullivan", right?!?!?  Maybe once or twice.

She helps my daughter in so many ways throughout her school day.  One area I always think is so incredible is how she thinks "out of the box" for my daughter in art class.  First, I have to say "Anne Sullivan" created an art box for my daughter with all the tools she uses in art class....that are what she needs in order to participate.  She adapted an art box for my daughter!

As we know many things done in art class are not easy for my daughter.  Functional hand use which is always used is sometimes difficult for her.  "Anne Sullivan" knows this....so she "thinks out of the box".

She lets my daughter "color", "draw", "scribble", "paint", whatever it is the class is doing and then takes a step back to look at what my daughter has "created".  Since "Anne Sullivan" is artsy herself and extremely creative, she will find a picture within the picture my daughter has drawn and outline it....so you see a "picture".  Isn't this incredible?!?!?!

The work my daughter brings home is beautiful.  It is a team effort between her and "Anne Sullivan".  It  truly shows love and dedication and each piece is so special.  Each piece takes time to create just like any artist.  Some pieces she will work on for many weeks...but the finished product is well worth the wait!!!

Here are some pieces from her collection....





Here are two quotes for today....

If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach them the way they learn- Ignacio Estrada

Art has the role in education of helping children become like themselves instead of more like everyone else- Author Unknown










© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment