Image Map

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Wonderful Mother's Day

Today's gift is a wonderful Mother's Day.

I have been celebrating this day for 11 years.  Sounds like a long time when I write it out, but the time has flown by.  I wish I could go back to the day they were all babies!!!

I honestly can not believe all my "babies" will be so old this year.  This September will be my oldest daughter's last year before she is a teenager.  October will be my middle daughter's last year in the single digits.  And in July my son will begin counting his age on two hands!

Mother's Day is a day for us to celebrate being a mother and/or to honor our own mothers and grandmothers.  It is a day everyone tries to make special for you or you for them.

Of course on Mother's Day there are some aspects of the day you would like to have to yourself...right...come on, be honest!??!  But on the other hand you also want to be with the ones who gave you the title "Mother".  I like a little of both.

And today my family did a great job of giving me the BEST Mother's Day!

Sleeping in, breakfast in bed and time to myself to get ready....heavenly!  But I also wanted to share the day with my family.

When I am thinking of ideas to give to my family for what I would like to do on Mother's Day I think of everyone involved.  What is going to be fun for all of us, but most importantly will my daughter with Rett Syndrome have fun?  Will she be able to participate in what we are going to do?

Sometimes the choices are limited.  And that is okay, because the most important thing is having fun together and creating our own memories!

This afternoon we took at picnic to a local vineyard.  We brought food for the kids (from one of my daughter's favorite places!) and my husband and I shared a delicious sandwich from one of the two food  trucks at the vineyard.

We brought a blanket, chairs, lawn games....and had a blast!  The weather was beautiful, there was someone playing the guitar and singing and there were other families creating memories too!

My daughter enjoyed every second of our day.  She loved hearing the music (which was the perfect volume!).  She loved people and dog watching.  She loved playing ball.  She loved her ice cream treat.  And she even enjoyed a visit from a teacher she hasn't seen in years!  Remember how I mentioned not too long ago she never forgets a face....well....as soon as she saw her old teacher...from her preschool years at the school for Autism she attended she got a huge smile on her face!

I enjoyed every second of our day too!  I love how we were all together enjoying the day as a family...just like everyone else around us.  I love how we found a new place for our family to frequent where we can go and relax and have fun.  It was like we were at a friend's house playing in their backyard...with other friends.  Everyone was so friendly!

I get really excited when I find new places for our family because we are unique.  What fits for us, is different for most.  However, this is a place we could come with friends and everyone would have a great time!

This evening before putting all the kids to bed I told them how much fun I had with them today.  They all agreed they wanted to go back!  That is a sign of a good day!


Here is a quote for today....

There is no one perfect way to be a good mother.
Each situation is unique.
Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities and certainly different children....
What matters most is that a mother loves her children deeply. -Elder M. Russel Ballard


someone always has to look in another direction ; )


being silly 


people watching!

like father like son

blast from the past!

sisters!





© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment