Image Map

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Rose Dance

Today's gift is the rose dance.

Just yesterday I mentioned how much I enjoy reading about my daughter's day...didn't I??!?!  It truly is a highlight of mine.  But next to words, pictures and videos of her day are the priceless!

This afternoon on my way to get the girls from school I received a text.  When I pulled into the girls school to get into carpool line, I looked to see who it was from.  It was from one of the teachers in my daughter's class sending me two videos of her.

Today she had music with her mainstream class.  In class they were doing the Rose Dance.  Have you ever heard of it?  I had not, until today.  I don't know if there is a "story" to go with the Rose Dance (didn't find one online), or if it is something the music teacher made up.  But here is what I was told....you have three chairs at the top of the room and two lines facing the chairs.  There are three students (two girls and one boy/two boys and one girl).  The person in the middle will be choosing who he/she wants to dance with down the line in between the rest of the class.  The person they do not chose, gets the bouquet of roses and moves to the middle, while the one they choose gets the dance.  Make sense?!?!

My daughter was picked on both of her turns and she also picked someone on her turn.  She really enjoyed the "dance" too....all smiles.  I think she was a little shy too....she just had "that" look on her face!  I love how the kids always want to include her.  I love to see all the children have an interest in her and not just the girls.  I love how they treated her just like them today!

It was really bittersweet for me to get these videos today of her!



The word "dance" makes me sad....when I think of the future.   It does.  Cotillion, homecoming, prom, first father/daughter dance at weddings....they all make me a little sad for my daughter.  So seeing videos like these are bittersweet for me.  I love them dearly and pray and hope her future holds special dances.  You know the dances you always dream about when you are little.   

Deep in my heart, I know her future will have lots of dancing!

Here is a quote for today....

Sometimes the best you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess.  Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best- Author Unknown







© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment