Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Great Birthday

Today's gift is a great birthday.

Just like I can't believe my children are getting older and older, I equally can not believe I am too!  I celebrated the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday today.  And it was a great day.

Birthday's change as you get older.  Of course you still love that it is "your day", but the excitement is a little different.  On my birthday I just want the day to go well....as in I want the Rett Monster to not come out.

All in all,  it was a great day.  My daughter was unhappy for a brief period after breakfast, but the rest of the day she was fantastic...so I almost forget about this morning.  She sang Happy Birthday to me a PT this morning, we enjoyed lunch together, and she even let me take a little siesta on her lap this afternoon.  How lucky was I that she let me sneak that in there?!?!?!

She woke me up with the sweetest voice saying, "mommy".  Hearing her say my name is one of the most incredible things I think she says.  Of course, every other person whose name she can say thinks the same.

After dinner I was lucky enough to be sung too again by my whole family.  I always love listening to my children sing and how everyone stops at the same time to let my daughter with Rett Syndrome enter the name of the person who's birthday it is.  Her smile on her face says it all!  As does mine.

Her card she picked at the store ALL BY HERSELF was perfect.  The message could not have been better.  I love how you can always find a perfect card when you are looking for one.

I ended my evening by putting her to bed.  I love cuddling and reading to her.  I love this time we spend together.  I love looking at her while she drifts off to sleep.  It was the perfect way for me to end my birthday.

I couldn't have asked for the day to have been any better.  I spent the day with many of my family members and those who do not live close I heard their love over the phone.   It was a calm and quiet day....just what I wanted!

Here are two quotes for today....

A birthday is the first day of another 365 day journey around the sun.  Enjoy the sun.- Author Unknown

Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece- Author Unknown






© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment