Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wittiness

Today's gift is her wittiness.

I know I have mentioned my daughter's laugh is contagious....right?  It really is.  Especially her belly laugh.  But what is equally as contagious is her grin followed by a little chuckle.

This type of chuckle is one where she is probably laughing at you.  Something you did and didn't know it or something you said and she totally got the joke.

After lunch her "Anne Sullivan" was playing a game of Hedbandz with my daughter, her siblings and her Granny.  My daughter didn't want to play as she was a little sleepy, so she watched them look silly. You really do!  In this game everyone is wearing a little "head band" and then someone puts a card on the front of you head band where you can not see it.  You are only allowed to ask questions about your card and you try to guess the picture on it.  Everyone has a minute until the next person's turn.

My daughter enjoys playing this game and it is great for getting her to use her iPODD (though today would have been the first time playing since the iPODD and in the past has done great with her iPad).  She does a great job of telling you yes or no to the questions you ask her.

Fast forward about an hour or so.  "Anne Sullivan", my daughter and I are sitting on the back porch talking.  I am facing the two of them as they are sitting across from me.  The whole time "Anne Sullivan" is talking my daughter is looking at her with this smirk on her face.  I know why, but "Anne Sullivan" hasn't picked up on it yet.

We just keep talking and talking.  And then my daughter looks at "Anne Sullivan" points to her head and chuckles.  "Anne Sullivan" then realizes that she still has on the head band from the game!  The game which they had stopped playing at least 20 minutes earlier!  It was my daughter's way of saying, "hey silly, you still have that thing on your head!"

It was truly a funny moment.  Maybe you had to be there to really appreciate my daughter's wittiness.  The best thing about this moment too was how natural it was and how she knew she was being funny.

Moments like these are the best as they can not be taught.  They just happen.

I didn't take a picture today, but this was them playing the game at the beach last summer!





Here is a quote for today....

From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere- Dr. Seuss 


© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment