Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

Driving Her Sister Crazy

Today's gift is driving her sister crazy.

To say I'm tired is an understatement!  We drove 422 miles today so we can celebrate my grandmother's 85th birthday tomorrow.  The drive was supposed to be 6 hours 53 minutes...but due to the rain from Tropical Storm Andrea, it turned into a 11 hour drive! 11 hours!

My grandmother is worth every second though!

The kids were overall really good.  They started to get restless with one hour left...I was too!  My daughter with Rett Syndrome was super...she was great...she was funny.

If she wasn't trying to roll down her window (thank goodness for window locks) then she was turning the light on and off in the 2nd row right next to the tv.  My middle daughter was sitting in the 3rd row with my son and she kept telling her sister to stop as it was putting a glare on the screen.


Do you think she stopped?

Nope!  It only fueled the fire.  She kept turning it on and off and on and off and laughing hysterically.  This was driving her sister crazy.  And I loved every second of it!

Why?

Because it was 100% typical!  She was teasing her sister just like so many sisters and bothers do.
Even though she drove her sister crazy in the car, my middle daughter knows now how funny it really was (after the fact) as she is smiling while I type this...and reading over my shoulder.  But I think she really knows it truly was a typical moment they shared!

Here is a quote for today....

I smile because you are my sister. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment