Image Map

Thursday, June 13, 2013

End of the Year Party

***Blogsy did it again....I am doomed typing my posts on an iPad!  I apologize again for those who receive my posts via email....

Here is the link to yesterday's gift #317....Happy Birthday "Daddy".
http://www.365daysgift.com/2013/06/happy-birthday-daddy.html


Today's gift is end of the year party.

I honestly can't believe the end of my daughter's 4th grade is here.  Tomorrow at 11:00 she will no longer be a 4th grader, but getting ready to enter her last year of elementary school.  Where has the time gone?

I feel like it was just yesterday we were walking through the school's doors not knowing what to expect, but knowing all we wanted was for our daughter to have friends and be well liked by her peers.  This was our number one priority...socialization.  Anything else she learned or gained was icing on the cake to us.  And as we know....we have received the icing too!  Her school has been AMAZING!

Today, sitting amongst her 4th grade peers, it was apparent our number one goal has been met.  Which we knew.  But there is something about always seeing it with your own two eyes.

Her friends are amazing.  They are kind to her.  They are patient with her.  They want to help her.  They want to be by her side. They include her.  They cheer for her.  They understand her.

Because of them she is one of the happiest girls in the school.  My daughter's 'Anne Sullivan' never gives up on her....and she also never gives up on helping another child understand my daughter.  She is the best teacher to all of them when it comes to my daughter.  To them she is a 'peer' too, which is great for my daughter.  They know and understand the relationship between my daughter and her 'Anne Sullivan' and will often compare them to the real "Anne Sullivan" and Helen Keller.

Right before my daughter's 4th grade teacher showed a slideshow she made of the year they had together she told the class that each and every one of them taught her something this year and helped her grow.  I love how she told them this...it isn't always about what the teacher teaches the child, but what the child can teach too.   I think this was very important for all the students to hear, but I also loved the fact that my daughter heard it too.  Because she teaches everyone....a lot!

As we were having dinner tonight, I was just looking at my daughter thinking...really how can it be you will be in 5th grade next year.  It truly feels like just yesterday she was starting 1st grade.  At the very time I was thinking this to myself, my middle daughter said it out loud.  I told her life flies by and before she knows it her elementary school years will be ending too.  She said, she felt this year flew by faster than the others and she wished it could have gone by slower.  Me too sweetheart, me too.

waiting patiently to tie-dye and playing pass the shirt with her friends

"Anne Sullivan" being funny when putting on her glove


tie-dying!

Friends



My daughter and "Anne Sullivan"


LISTENING to the teacher talk before the slideshow...JUST.LIKE.HER.PEERS!


The movie is rolling....



Here are two quotes for today....

The bad news is time flies.  The good news is you're the pilot- Michael Altshuler

The days are long, but the years are short- Gretchen Rubin




© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment