Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

Snow Angel

Today's gift is snow angel.

Kinda crazy I titled today's gift snow angel seeing as it was 90 degrees here today with no snow!

Last night my middle daughter wanted someone to sleep with her.  After a weekend of Mimi and Poppy time (aka musical bed weekend), the kids felt they still needed someone to sleep with them....for company.  Needless to say, all I wanted was a good night sleep in my own bed.

Both her sister and brother were asleep too.

But then around 10:00 when I was going to bed, I noticed my oldest daughter was starting to stir.  I didn't know if this was some "plan" my middle daughter had or if it was just coincidence.  Lucky for her it was just by chance.

Instead of me lying down with my daughter until she fell back to sleep and me of course falling asleep too, I decided to take the chance and let her sleep in her sister's room.  Taking a chance that she would get out of bed and I would after all have to lie with her until she was back to dreamland again.

I tucked both girls in, gave them a kiss and said goodnight.  I immediately went to my room and turned on the tv (we have camera's in the kids rooms) and watched them.  No movement = great sign.

Let's just say it was a great night sleep as I don't even remember hitting my pillow.  I vaguely remembered that the girls were sleeping together.  So when I turned on the tv this morning to check on my oldest daughter (still thinking she was in her room), I had my gift already on the screen.


It was both of my girls sleeping peacefully in bed. Together.  Just like sisters do.

I love moments like these.  This was the first time my oldest daughter has ever gone to bed on her own in her sister's room.  HUGE milestone!

When I asked my middle daughter how it went last night, she said she didn't sleep that well because her sister was a snow angel all night, and she stretched her arms and legs out as if she was doing a snow angel.  But she didn't care that her sister took over her bed....all that mattered to her was that she was able to have a sleepover in her room with her big sister.

A snow angel is the perfect way to describe how my daughter sleeps.  I had never thought of it before until my middle daughter mentioned it today...but she is exactly right.  I guess no matter how you look at it, my daughter is an angel in many different ways.

Here is a quote for today....

Because I have a sister, I will always have a friend- Author Unknown



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment