Image Map

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Mar"

Today's gift is "Mar".

You probably know by now, when I put something in quotations it means my daughter has said a new word...or an approximation of a word.

She did it again.

We were sitting on the sofa watching tv and waiting for dinner to be ready.  I was talking to my son and my daughter and she was also playing on her iPad.  After a while it got kinda quiet...except for one thing.  My daughter kept tapping something on her iPad and saying "Mar".

It took me a couple of minutes to tune in and realize she was telling me something....yes sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake!  When I looked at her iPad and watched what she was doing while she was saying "Mar", I couldn't believe my eyes...and ears!!!

She was tapping a picture of a boy in her class and saying his name (Mark) over and over and over again!!!

First, I have never heard her say his name before...ever.  Second, she was so adamant about showing me his picture AND she had a huge smile on her face.  Third, I love it when her new words are her friend's name.  I was so proud of her for gaining another word AND saying it as she was showing me his picture.

What is equally as precious is also the fact that this little boy in her class also has special needs...autism. In the picture that she was showing me, it was a picture of the two of them surrounded by their typical peers at field day.  This picture has always made me smile, but now when I look at it, it brings a differently level of happiness to my heart!

My daughter is in the middle and "Mar" is in yellow.


Here is a quote for today....

Remember you don't need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of- Author Unknown



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment