Image Map

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Warm Welcome Home

Today's gift is a warm welcome home.

After an eventful weekend it was nice to come home to our three children.   It was especially nice to walk in and see our daughter smiling and to hear "Daddy" and "Mommy" right away!

We relaxed together on the sofa and talked about her weekend with Mimi and Poppy.  The whole time she was saying "mommy" in her most sincere, 'I love you' voice.  The one that tells me she missed me.  The one that melts my heart.

An extra treat was how she wanted to cuddle with us and sit in her favorite chair on the porch.  After three days of wedding festivities and talking to new and old friends we were tired!  We were happy she wanted to "relax" too.  I will also give my husband two thumbs up for taking the kids for a walk so I could have a little shut eye!  Thank you honey!!

It is a wonderful feeling to know your children are being cared for and having a great time while you are away (thank you Mimi and Poppy!!!).  But it is even a better feeling when you come home and you know they missed you.  My other two children can tell me about every last detail of their weekend.  My daughter can not.  But when I hear in her voice how she says my name, I know she missed me and I know she is happy we are back home.

Here is a quote for today....

Wherever we are together that is home- Author Unknown






© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment