Image Map

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Making Videos

Today's gift is making videos.

Whose child loves their iTouch or iPad or if they are old enough their iPhone?  Technology today has become attached to all of us.  My children (ALL of them) can operate anything "i" related in our house.

My middle daughter recently downloaded a new app to her iTouch.  It was an app for making videos using the camera on the device you were taping from.  She showed me a couple of the videos she made and all the different effects you can have appear in the video.  It was really quite neat!

Today my son picked up my phone and found this new app.  Instantly, having never seen the app before he starts to watch the videos my daughter has made.  Sitting next to him was his sister with Rett Syndrome.  She was attached to the screen of my iPhone just like he was.  She loved watching the videos.

We know my daughter loves looking at pictures, but I think today we found she loves videos of people she knows even better.  So we tried it out...on us.  We had my son videotape us dancing in the kitchen. I honestly do not know what she enjoyed more....dancing with me or watching the video of herself dancing.

I love how we have something new to do and something new for her to be able to request...whether it is to make a video or to watch one.  I love how we have a fun way to capture her being herself, so we can look back on them in the years to come.  I love how this is something she can do with her friends too!  I look forward to all the videos full of memories we can make this summer.

Here is a quote for today...

If you don't do wild things while you are young, you'll have nothing to smile about when you are old- Author Unknown



**I would attach the video we made today to this post, but I can't figure it out (and the kids are asleep!).  Plus since it was our first, it was a little rusty.



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment