Image Map

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Great Father's Day

Today's gift is a great Father's Day.

We had a great day today!

With my daughter you honestly never know what kind of day you are going to have.   We always pray for good ones, but sometimes the Rett Monster takes over.

My daughter was the only one who slept in this morning....I was very jealous!  The kids made breakfast for their dad and Poppy.  After breakfast we all relaxed and then Mimi and Poppy left to go back home as we had plans in the afternoon.

My husband wanted to go to a baseball game.  We have a local farm team and the games are really fun.    We celebrated Father's Day two years ago doing the same thing.  And it was a huge success.  So we were praying it would be another success today.

And it was!

I am so proud of my daughter and how far she has come sensory wise with noises...loud noises in particular.  From the moment we walked in everything was loud.  A band greeted us right at the top of the stairs.  Then once you sit down there is more loud music with lots of people talking and yelling.

There is also a lot to see and I think this helps....a ton!  She loves to look around and people watch.

She was incredible!  After we left (we left towards the end of the 9th inning as we wanted to beat the crowd out) we praised all of our children for being very well behaved....but especially my oldest.  She basically made it through the entire game (she would have if we didn't leave early) AND we were there 30 minutes before the game started!

Today was also special because we enjoyed the game with another family who have a daughter a year younger than my middle daughter who has Autism.  Seeing both of our daughters together and enjoying the game just like any other 11 or 7 year old was beautiful to see.

I know my husband had a great Father's Day and that he was so excited we had another successful time at the baseball game as a family.  I was equally as happy and thrilled it was a perfect day for him!


She really was all smiles at the game!  This was a bad picture to truly tell the story!

The giant Nutzy!

Benefit of leaving the game early....golf cart ride to the car!


Here is a quote for today....a special one for the bond between my daughter and her father....

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give to another person, he believed in me- Jim Valvano



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment