Image Map

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Little Lady

Today's gift is how she was a little lady.

My daughter was a little lady today! She was perfect all day long and acted like a true tween- a tween on a good day!

She had great manners, she listened, she was in an incredible mood- everything about her today was a real gift. However, one thing she did today is pretty new and she has started doing it more frequently.

Sitting with her legs crossed...like a lady! You know what I'm talking about -right? Not having your legs crossed at the ankles, but the knees. Multiple times when I looked at her today, she was sitting straight up with her legs crossed.

She looked so mature to me.

One part of me was like wow I can't believe how grown up she is getting. She really is almost a teenager (in 17 months!!!!). The other part of me was sad- as I wish I could keep her young...keep her as a little young lady where I could protect her forever.

I love the person she is becoming, I love how far she has come since her diagnosis of Rett Syndrome and I can't wait to continue on this journey of growth with her. However, I do wish I could slow down time and keep her a tween until research has proven a cure or treatment- in humans for Rett Syndrome. But since the latter isn't possible, I will continue to help her be the best young lady she can be!

 

Here is a quote for today....

I am not what I have done, I am what I have overcome- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment