Image Map

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fun in the Sun

Today's gift is fun in the sun.

Spring is in the air and I don't think anyone could be happier than my daughter. She definitely is a warm weather person as she does not like the cold. Not only does she love warm weather, she truly enjoys being outside in the fresh air.

Today it was gorgeous outside and my daughter played outside for a good portion of the day. She is a different person when it's not cold outside. She is more relaxed and happier (and she is a pretty happy person). Seeing her run around outside, swinging, playing ball with the dog and her siblings, laughing, and walking brought the biggest smile to my face.

Whenever my daughter is having fun in the sun...whether at home or at the beach, I think it is one of those times when she tries harder to overcome the Rett Monster. The Vitamin D she gets from the sun, must give her the extra strength to push on as nothing holds her back when she is outside!

I wish we could live someplace where the temperature was warmer all year round as I know it must make her feel better in so many ways. I can tell during the winter months she might be uncomfortable sometimes as it takes her longer to get moving and do things which usually happen with ease. While she can not tell me if she is achy or if her bones/muscles hurt, I know warmer temperatures make her feel so much better. Her whole disposition is better. I think she may get the winter blues like many of us do!

I'm so happy spring is around the corner...followed by summer. We have had a very cold winter this year and I know my daughter is ready for it to move on! She woke up smiling and went to bed smiling....that is a sign of a great day!

 

Here is a quote for today...

Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air- Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment