Image Map

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Watching Her Sleep

Today's gift is watching her sleep.

Tonight I knew my daughter would have an easy time falling asleep as she was going to bed a little past her normal bed time....which meant she would be tired.  We had dinner at a friend's house this evening and while we were there we received the email that there would be NO school tomorrow due to SNOW.

Yes...snow!!!  It is March 24th and we have snow on the ground.

It was my turn to put my daughter to sleep tonight.  I knew she was going to fall asleep while I was still reading the first book to her as she just had that tired look in her eyes.  And I was correct.  After the first book, I just laid next to her and watched her sleep so peacefully.

No hand wringing.  No anxiety.  No worries.

Just a nice, peaceful sleep.  She was so relaxed.  Her eyes would even flicker a little as she was drifting off into a deeper sleep.  I could even feel her body relax as she sank into the the mattress more and more.

I love looking at all my children when they are sleeping.  There is something beautiful about a sleeping child...and I don't mean that they are quiet!

I love watching her drift off into dreamland and knowing her little body is going to be so relaxed and free from her daily stresses when she is asleep.  A time when she can totally release all the tension in her body she carries around all day.  Tension from the daily hand wringing,  anxiety and working overtime from using the extra energy it takes her to complete simple tasks.  If anybody deserves a good night's sleep, it is her!

Here is a quote for today...

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them- Victor Hugo






© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment