Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Power

Today's gift is power.

I know I have mentioned the unbelievable amount of strength my daughter has, but I do not know if I have ever mentioned the amount of power she has...as in force.

She is one strong girl.

It is quite fascinating to me how strong she is...honestly.  When you look at her she is tiny, but all muscle.   When I think about all the things she does every day...for instance wringing her hands with such force, it  doesn't surprise me she has biceps...with definition.  Or when she doesn't want to lay her head down all the way, it is like she is in a constant abdominal crunch...for over 3 minutes.  I think I would have abs of steel too....heck maybe I should try it!

As you know one of her favorite things to play with is a ball....any type (except golf balls luckily!)...any size.  Today she was bouncing the yoga ball around the house...dribbling it.  She would bounce it to her brother and he would bounce it back.  For the most part he was very gentle, but being a boy there were a couple of times I know he was trying to see if he could get it past her.

He used all the "power" he had and bounced the ball to her so hard, I literally thought she was going to fall over... (mom...as in my mom reading this...relax!).  Instead, she stopped it with ONE hand and laughed!  Which then made me laugh too...and she pushed it right back with just as much "power".  Luckily, they did not make a game out of seeing who has "the power" and went back to being gentle.

Not only did she show me her power today with the ball, but also at physical therapy on the swing.  This is where she is suspended on her stomach into the air and she has to hold onto the cord and pull herself front and back to get herself swinging.  It is a workout for her....but she does it...with ease!

And then of course there is the ninja power...which we haven't seen too much of lately...so I will save this type of power for another day...a day when our little ninja has visited.

Power, Force, Strength....and one unbelievable little girl who never gives up.  She is a fighter and I pray every night she wins this fight and is able to use power, force and her strength in areas she is not able to use them due to her limitations with Rett....like play tennis for instance one day.  Not hand over hand tennis...but a true game of tennis.

Here are two quotes for today...

Passion is energy.  Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you- Oprah Winfrey

There is power in positivity- Author Unknown

© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment