Image Map

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Thrill of the Ride

Today's gift is the thrill of the ride.

Happy Easter! I hope you had a blessed day. I know I did!

The Easter Bunny surprised the kids with tickets to SeaWorld! I have to say it was one of the best family days we have had! Riding rides, watching incredible shows and everything in between- it was a whale of a time!

My daughter with Rett Syndrome hasn't been on a ride in years! While the main attraction to SeaWorld was not the rides, the kids still wanted to go on some. We all went on the Journey to Atlantis, very similar to Splash Mountain at Disney, but it has an extra "roller coaster" piece at the end! The picture at the end tells the story! I love our expressions! My daughter laughed from the minute we got on, till the minute we got off. She really liked it!


 
Since she had such a thrill from the first ride, I took her on a roller coaster, but not a big one. We used our guest assistance card (one of the only positives about having special needs...you never
have to wait in lines!) and went on her second roller coaster ever!  Again...loved it! I think she loves the need for speed as she enjoys going fast! She definitely likes the thrill of the ride.

I was so incredibly happy for her today as I know she truly enjoyed SeaWorld and had a blast! Tonight at dinner we went around the table saying what our favorite part of the day was and what our favorite ride- my daughter said riding the rides was her favorite (I believe it!) and the water ride ( Journey to Atlantis ) was her favorite ride. She didn't hesitate at all to let us know what she enjoyed!

I am going to bed tonight with a heart full of joy, love and lots of blessings! I couldn't have asked for a better Easter Sunday.

Here is a quote for today....
Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. But it is your choice to scream or enjoy the ride- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment