Image Map

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Laundry Game

Today's gift is the laundry game.

Whenever I do the laundry and my daughter is nearby, I always think of ways she can help me with a common household chore.

This afternoon during snack time I decided I had a few minutes to fold the laundry before my daughter would be up and about.  She was sitting on the sofa enjoying her snack and we were listening to music.  My son was also in the room playing on his iPad.

I wanted to engage my daughter in helping me, but clearly folding laundry was going to be a challenge for her and I wanted to make it fun...not work!  Instead, I would hold up an article of clothing and ask her who's it was...Mommy's, Daddy's, B's or E's.  She would tell me and then I would put it in the appropriate pile for that person.  She was having so much fun, that my son asked if he could play too!

She was spot on for who's clothing I was showing to her too!  Only one time did she get it wrong...out of a large load!!!  I was so proud of her!

Who knew doing laundry could be so much fun!  Now if I could only find someone to fold for me and I can tell them which pile it goes in!

Here is a quote for today...love this one...

Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles, dirty ovens & happy kids- Author Unknown






© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment