Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Picking Out Her Own Swimsuit

Today's gift is picking out her own swimsuit.

It is almost "that time of year"...swimsuit season!  I love getting my kids new swimsuits and I try to get them early so the ones they really want are still available.

Today was the day I was having the girls pick out which ones they liked.  I pulled up the website on t he iPad, and showed my daughter her choices.  She took each one in and looked at them for a good while, before pointing to her selection.  The top with all the different patterns were in one box and the bottoms were in another box.

First she picked out which type of bottom she wanted.  Second, the pattern.  Third, the top...which I was interested to see if she would pick the matching pattern to the bottom...and she did!  I was so excited!

I think she was more excited that she had a say in choosing her swimsuit this year.  I asked her if we could try a new style this year too and she said yes.  So now with the swimsuit she chose, we picked out another bottom which will coordinate with the top she picked too!

This is not the color combination she chose, but the swimsuit!  Isn't it cute?!?!

Something so easy.  Something we take for granted every day.  Something everyone should have a voice in.  An opinion.

I try to always ask her what she thinks as often as I can, because I know she cares and wants to voice her opinion.  But I will not lie, sometimes it is easier to do it for her...and quicker.  Times like today, make me realize how much she truly enjoys telling me more about her likes and dislikes and I need to wake up and be more aware of her desire to do so.  It will take more time, but every second is worth it to know more about my daughter.

Here is a quote for today...

In the midst of winter I found there was within me an invincible summer- Camus



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
365 Days Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment