Image Map

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Quiet Time with Mom and Dad

Today's gift is quiet time with mom and dad.

I know my daughter loves her one on one time with us. We always try to make special individual time just for each child.

Tonight it was my husband's turn to put the younger two to bed and my turn to put our oldest to bed....every night we rotate. He was done putting his two little ones down, before I started putting my daughter to bed.

We were still in my room relaxing and cuddling and spending time together when my husband came in and jumped in the bed with us! Our daughter was nestled in between us and she got the biggest smile on her face!

We each grabbed a hand to hold and snuggled with her talking about the fun weekend we had and how she was so good all weekend. I asked her if she liked having alone time with just mommy and daddy and instead of saying "yeah", her smile got bigger and bigger. I think that is a yes for sure!

Our quiet time was no more than ten minutes as it was getting late, but it was ten minutes of pure one on one time which I know all my children crave. One on one time is so important and we try to make sure they receive it daily...a few times. It is not only good for them, but us too!

Having this special time with her was the perfect way to end the day!

 

Here is a quote for today....

If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them and half as much money- Abigail Van Buren

No comments:

Post a Comment