Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

Greeting Someone at the Door

Today's gift is greeting someone at the door.

Friday in our house is music therapy day.  My daughter loves music, so it comes as no surprise that she loves music therapy.

While we were waiting for the music therapist, my daughter kept going by the front door, as she knew she was due to arrive at any minute.  After one of her runs by the front door, she came to the end of the hallway which looks into the kitchen, looked at me, and then pointed to the front door.

Adamantly.  With purpose.  She definitely was telling me something.

She sure was!  She was telling me she saw the music therapist out front getting all her goodies out of her car.  I love how she can get her point across when she wants to by using her pointer finger.

I love how she could tell me today someone was "here", even though she didn't say, "mom, someone is here".   I love how even through very few words, I understand her.  I love how she communicated with me purposely.

As they say, actions do speak louder than words.  Today, she proved it!

Here is a quote for today...

People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment