Image Map

Monday, March 11, 2013

Flipping Pages of Her Yearbook

Today's gift is flipping pages of her yearbook.

My daughter loves to look at pictures, magazines and books.  So it comes to no surprise that her yearbook would be right up there of things she loves to look at.  She loves flipping through the pages and finding her friends....and herself.

Sitting her down to look at her yearbook is one of the activities I can give her to do so I can either start dinner, blow dry her sister's hair or fold laundry.  It is a "quiet time" activity.  It is also another activity which keeps her hands moving!!!

She knows exactly where certain people are too in the yearbook!   You can ask her to point to someone and she will find them immediately.  It is also fun to see who she points to over and over again.  Sometimes I have to ask her sister who the student is, as I have no idea.  I often wonder why she is pointing someone new out to me....

Did they treat her well at school?  Did they say something mean?  Did she like what they wore?  Did they do something at school she wants to share with me?  The questions are endless.

What is a yearbook?  A yearbook is...according to google "An annual publication giving current information and listing events or aspects of the previous year, esp. in a particular field"...

In a particular field....like elementary school.  

It makes me so incredible happy to know she is utilizing her yearbook just like her peers....just the way it should be used....to take a walk down memory lane!  It makes me equally as happy to know she is represented in the school community and she has the happy memories to remember!




Here is a quote for today....

The best part about pictures is that even when the people in the photo change, the memory it contains never will- Author Unknown






No comments:

Post a Comment